Duplicate profiles can sometimes be created when a person uses a different email address or phone number to register for an event, join, a group, or give. Both Organization Administrators and Managers can merge those profiles manually or using the Duplicate Detector, keeping all information.
Merging profiles cannot be undone.
Merge Manually on a Profile
If you know you have two people that are the same, manually merge them from their profile.
Select Merge this profile from the sidebar.
Enter the name of the person you're merging the profile to then confirm the merge.
- By default, the profile you're viewing becomes the Person To Remove; however, you can search for a different person if you want to keep this person. All contact information and activity in any application will be moved from the Person To Remove to the Person To Keep. After the merge, this profile will be completely removed from your account.
- Choose the Person To Keep, who will retain all contact information and activity in any application.
- After you enter the text, the Merge these people button will be enabled.
After the merge is complete, you will be taken to the Person To Keep's profile page.
Merge with the Duplicate Detector
The Duplicate Detector will suggest a potential duplicate based on:
- Exact name matches
- Double metaphones (names that sound similar, like John and Jon)
- Common nicknames
From those matches, it removes any potential duplicates that have:
- Genders that are set differently; however, if the gender is set for one and not for another, it will leave them in the potential duplicates list
- Profiles that are in a household together
- Names that are the same but have different suffixes (Jr., Sr., etc.)
View Multiple Duplicates
From the Dashboard, select View Duplicates to see a list of all the duplicates in your database.
View the list of people who have duplicate profiles then select X potential duplicate to merge the profiles.
View One Duplicate
You can see if a person has a duplicate right from their profile.
Choose X Potential Duplicate Profiles to be taken to the place to merge the profiles.
Merge the Profiles
View the duplicated profiles, deciding which profile to keep and which to merge.
Make the one with the most accurate information the primary profile. Any information that is different in the two profiles will default to the primary profile.
- Move this duplicate to be the primary on the far left hand side.
- If you’re certain these people are not duplicates, we will not suggest the two as duplicates again, and they will then be in the ignored duplicates list.
- Merge this duplicate profile into the primary one.
Ignore and Merge Duplicate both require confirmations to be completed:
Once you've merged the duplicates, you can be taken to the next duplicate in the list to keep merging!