Headcounts is a feature in Check-Ins that allows you to keep track of any type of attendance without tracking specific individuals. Headcounts does not affect your daily Check-In limit and can be used even on the free Check-Ins package. It works in conjunction with Event Times, so please make sure that you've added times to your event.
Headcounts can be accessed from the mobile Headcounts app for Android and iOS or from the Headcounts tab in any event on Check-Ins. In order to download the Headcounts app, people must at least have the Counter permission.
Non Admins and Viewers can be given permission to be Counters. The Counter permission allows them to log into the Headcounts app and keep track of attendance.
Assign Counter Permission
From the People tab, go to a person's profile. If the person has never checked in before, you'll need to add them.
Go to the Permissions tab on the right and enable Counter by checking the box.
Once you've checked the Counter box and Save, an email will be sent to the person, letting them know they have been added as a counter and prompting them to download the Headcounts app. The email looks like this:
Mobile Headcounts App
In the Headcounts app, choose the event you're tracking to be taken to that event's dashboard.
See information from dates in the past, attendance for the current date, and add or edit Headcount Types right from this screen.
Tap a Headcount Type to add attendance.
- Tap the plus/minus icon to take attendance from the Clicker.
- Tap the number to change the total.
Times can only be changed on Check-Ins by an Admin.
When people use the clicker to take attendance, the number is automatically added to the total, even if several people are taking attendance at the same time.
Turn on sounds and/or vibrate for each tap from Settings on the events sidebar.
This number overrides the clicker because it enters a brand new total. Whatever total is inserted here will override any other inputs, and it will not add to whatever was there before.
The Headcounts Tab is only accessible to Viewers and Editors.
In your event, go to the Headcounts tab.
- Standard Headcounts cannot be edited from the Headcounts tab. The numbers shown here are from station check ins and bulk editing.
- Choose the color and name. Any headcount types you create will appear in the mobile app, and you can use this tap or the mobile app to track attendance live.
Once you're finished adding, these headcounts will be shown on the dashboard graph in the chosen color.
Once you've added attendance from the app or the tab, go to the Events tab to see your attendance based on date, event, and time.
- Filter the graph based on a date range, event, or time frame.
- The graph will automatically show the Regulars, Guests, Volunteers, and any Custom Headcounts. Hover over any type to show just those types, and click the type to remove it form the graph.
- Hover over any bar on the graph to get the specifics of that session.
If you want to import past general attendance from another system, contact our Support Team.