Each person's profile has built-in fields for personal information, household, social profiles, and more.
Select a person from the People page or search for them by typing / and their name or by clicking the search icon.
From a person's profile tab, you can view most necessary information quickly. To edit any of the information, select the section.
Go to the corresponding section for more information.
Contact the person by selecting their information, or select the pencil to make changes to the information in this section.
- Use the + to add a new type of contact or the - to remove the contact information.
- Use the dropdowns to choose stage of life and important dates.
- Medical Notes show up on Registrations and Check-Ins labels.
- Enter the first and last name as well as any additional names. Use the Given Name, the legal first name of the person, in associating a check from a person who goes by a different name. Use the Nickname if a person regularly goes by another name in addition to this one.
- Managers can customize the prefix, suffix, and marital status options.
- If you're editing a phone number or address with the type set to Home, you can update it for all members in the same household by checking the box that appears when you edit.
- Mobile numbers are listed first. They are shown on a mobile device and will take you to your SMS app.
- Age is shown in months until 2 years and is used in Check-Ins location filters.
- If you want to add a birthday with no year, type it in manually rather than using the picker and use 1885 as the birth year, which will show no age.
- A Child can log in but cannot make changes to their profile.
When the phone number or email address of someone who can log into Planning Center is updated, they receive a notification email letting them know.
Update the profile picture by hovering over the image and clicking the pencil. You can then choose a picture from your files.
On a mobile device, update your profile picture from the edit screen. You can take a picture or choose a picture from your files.
Membership, Campus, & Background Checks
Use the dropdowns to change the membership status, campus, or run a background check.
Managers can customize the membership status options.
A household can be initiated in Services or in Registrations, and it will show as Pending on a person's profile. In the case of a pending household, the primary contact will receive an email requesting they verify the new member of the household. In addition, a Manager can approve or deny the pending member.
Click the pencil next to the Household name to add or remove people in the household.
From the household, click the gear next to a person's name to make them a primary household member or remove them. You can also add a household photo, add a new person to the household, remove the household completely, or view other households the person is in.
Removing someone from a household does not remove them from the databases, and removing the household does not delete any people.
If you need to update a phone number or address for the whole family, open the personal information box, set the phone number or address to Home, make the changes, and check the box to update for the whole household.
Add social profiles like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
If the person is a Child, click the pencil to change the school or add other schools.
Only schools that match the selected School Type are listed in the dropdown, and only grades that fall in the range set for the school will show up. If you don't see a school, a Manager can add and edit school information from the Manage Schools button.
Use the tabs on the side to find more information. Managers create tabs to store more specific information.