Each person's page has a Personal tab with built-in fields for Membership, Age, Gender, Lifestage, Contact Data, Social Profiles, and School Information. This article has details of those built-in fields and the keyboard shortcuts to access them quickly.
The Personal Tab
Click the pencil next to the name to edit it
There can be some confusion about the differences between first names, given names and nicknames. Here is how they are intended to be used:
First Name - What the person usually goes by. Thomas Anderson is usually called 'Tom', so here we would enter 'Tom'.
Given Name - The legal first name of the person. This is optional, and you should only use it if the given name is different from their first name. It can be helpful in associating a check from Thomas Anderson to Tom Anderson's profile.
Nickname - Nicknames are optional names such as "Tommy" or "Neo". They are only shown on the person's profile page in People.
This quick contact section includes links for the most common contact information. Clicking most icons will initiate that contact.
- Phone number - mobile numbers entered in the Contact section will be shown here, unless there is no mobile number, where it will show the first other number
- SMS - mobile numbers entered in the Contact section will be shown here IF you are on a mobile device only. This will direct you to your device's SMS app to send a message.
- Email - the first home email address entered in the Contact section will be shown. Click it to open your own email program to send an email to that address. (PCO People will allow emailing within the app in the future)
- Social Profiles - If any social profiles are entered, they will show here. Click them to open their social profile in a new tab.
Click the pencil on the Membership box, or type m to edit details.
Select the membership type
- Member - Official members of your church. Usually have completed a membership class.
- Regular Attender - Regularly attend your church services but have not become official members.
- Visitor - Have attended once or attend sporadically but don't attend regularly. Might also be an out-of-town guest of another person.
- Participant - Have attended an event put on by your church, but don't attend regular church services. -
- In Progress - Attending Membership class but not an official member yet.
Age & Gender
Age is shown in months until 2 years.
Click the pencil in the Age & Gender box or type a to edit.
Enter birthday and gender and click Submit.
Click the pencil or type l to edit Lifestage options
Click the pencil or type c to edit Contact options.
- Change the email/phone/address type
- Enter the email/phone/
- Add a new email/phone/address. Click the button in the corresponding section.
- Update household. If you are editing a phone number or address with the type set to Home, you can update it for all members in the same household.
- Delete the email/phone/address