Lists allow you to filter your people based on their information and activity across all Planning Center applications. You can share lists with others or print them using reports.
Check out this video about how to create lists that work for you:
Any Administrator of People can create Lists from the Lists tab.
This quick view shows the number of people in the list as well as the list name, the last time the list was ran, any automations, and the owner of the list.
- Create a new list.
- Star the list to access it more easily in Starred Lists.
- Click the list name to see the people returned by the list.
- Duplicate the list or edit the rules for the list.
Create or Edit a Basic List
Choose New List or click the pencil on a list to make changes to it.
Lists are very powerful, but most of the time you just need something basic and can ignore some of the advanced options like adding additional rules. (Advanced List features are described later.) The numbers detailed here will help you make a basic list.
- Name your list.
- Conditions allow you to access data from other apps; however, you have to have permissions in that app in order to use it as a condition. Click include to toggle the condition to exclude, which will then exclude the people returned by that condition.
- If you have multiple conditions in your rule, specify if you are looking for people that meet all, any, or none of the conditions. If you need to be more specific, choose from at least, exactly, and at most. When you choose all, you'll see AND between your conditions. When you choose any, you'll see OR. When you choose none, you'll see AND NOT and will not be able to include or exclude any of the conditions.
- Duplicate or delete any of the conditions or the whole rule.
- The list can show exact matches of the conditions listed, or it can show other people in the Households of the matches such as household children, household adults, and household primary contact.
If the household doesn't have any adults or children, choose to show no one or the exact person instead. Check the box to include inactive profiles. By default, this box will remain unchecked unless you manually check it.
Select Delete to fully delete the list, removing it from your account completely, cancel to discard any changes made to these rules, or Submit to access the list of people.
Information such as birthdates, schools, and addresses can be found in the Personal tab.
Here's a list of the options listed in the Personal tab:
- Membership Type
- Inactive Reason
- Inactive Date
- Birthdate (with year)
- Birthday (any year)
- Marital Status
- Anniversary (with year)
- Anniversary (any year)
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Zip Code
- School Name
- School Type
- Graduation Year
Once you hit Submit, our PiCO robot will start looking for results and display them on your screen.
- Use the Actions menu to update everyone on the list, create automations, send an email with MailChimp, print a report or labels of the list, or download the list as a CSV file.
- List results do not automatically refresh, so use auto-refresh to automatically refresh the results of your list every night. Auto-refresh is particularly helpful for Workflows.
- Sync this list with a segment in your MailChimp list.
- Share the list with everyone of a certain permission level or individual people. Any user will have full access to the list and its data but won't be able to change the rules; only the owner of the list can make changes to the rules.
- See the results for each of your conditions and then the total of all of it together. If you're the list owner, use the pencil to make edits to the rules.
The Playlist allows you to easily and quickly make changes to the profiles from the list by navigating to and from each profile.
When you click the name of a person from the list, you're taken to their profile and can toggle to profiles using the bar above the profile.
- Click the list name to return to the list results.
- See which person in the list you are viewing.
- Click previous or hit p or ← on your keyboard to navigate to the previous result.
- Click next or hit n or → to navigate to the next result.
Use Keyboard Shortcuts to open sections on the Personal tab for editing.
On the top of the list, the list owner can click Select columns to add custom columns like birthdate, age, gender, and marital status to the list. Drag and drop the fields inthe order you'd like them. Once your columns are all set, you can select the column header from your list results to sort the list by that field.
The custom columns integrate with the Default Report: when you choose this report for printing your list, we’ll print exactly the columns you selected and in the same order they are sorted by in the list results.
You can use a combination of all, any, and none to create multiple rules and find really specific information.
- Just with the Rules, the whole list can be searched according to all or any,
- in the last x days refers to today + the previous x days
- If you want to find everyone that DOES NOT fit a condition, change include to exclude to exclude people with that information.
Use Lists to search within your Workflows!