Lists allow you to filter your people based on their information and activity across all Planning Center applications. You can share lists with others or print them using reports.
Check out this video about how to create lists that work for you.
Anyone can create Lists from the Lists tab.
This quick view shows the number of people in the list as well as the list name, the last time the list was refreshed, any automations, and the owner of the list.
- Create a new list.
- Search a list name or filter the list by campus, categories, or Starred Lists.
- Star the list to access it more easily in Starred Lists.
- Click the list name to see the people returned by the list.
- Duplicate the list or edit the rules for the list.
Create or Edit a Basic List
Choose New List or click the pencil on a list to make changes to it.
Lists are very powerful, but most of the time you just need something basic and can ignore some of the advanced options like adding additional rules. (Advanced List features are described later.) The numbers detailed here will help you make a basic list.
- Name your list.
- Assign the list to a campus or category to find it more easily after it's created.
- The list can show exact matches of the conditions listed, or it can show other people such as household children, household adults, and household primary contact.
If the household doesn't have any adults or children, choose to show no one or the exact person instead. Check the box to include inactive profiles. By default, this box will remain unchecked unless you manually check it.
- If you have multiple conditions in your rule, you can choose to show people that meet all, any, or none of the conditions. If you need to be more specific, choose from at least, exactly, and at most.
- Conditions allow you to access data from other apps; however, you have to have permissions in that app in order to use it as a condition. Click include to toggle the condition to exclude, which will then exclude the people returned by that condition.
- Duplicate or delete any of the conditions or the whole rule.
Select Delete to fully delete the list, removing it from your account completely, cancel to discard any changes made to these rules, or Submit to access the list of people.
Information such as birthdates, schools, and addresses can be found in the Personal tab.
Each field is broken down in sections to help you find it easily.
Once you click Submit, our PiCO robot will start looking for results and display them on your screen.
- Use the Actions menu to update everyone on the list, create automations, send an email with MailChimp, delete or duplicate the list, print a report or labels of the list, or download the list as a CSV file.
- List results do not automatically refresh, so use auto-refresh to automatically refresh the results of your list every night. Auto-refresh is particularly helpful for Workflows.
- Sync this list with a segment in your MailChimp list.
- Share the list with everyone of a certain permission level or individual people. Any user will have full access to the list and its data but won't be able to change the rules; only the owner of the list can make changes to the rules.
- See the results for each of your conditions and then the total of all of it together. If you're the list owner, use the pencil to make edits to the rules.
Select the name of a person to be taken to their profile in Playlist mode.
Click Select columns to change the information listed on this page.
Lists can only be edited or deleted by the List's owner. If the list owner no longer has access to your account, and you need to delete a list that a person created, your Organization Administrator can contact our Support Team with the name and email address of the list owner as well as the list name.
The Playlist allows you to easily and quickly make changes to the profiles from the list by navigating to and from each profile.
When you click the name of a person from the list, you're taken to their profile and can toggle to other profiles using the bar above the profile.
- Click the list name to return to the list results.
- Click previous or use p or ← on your keyboard to navigate to the previous result.
- Click next or use n or → to navigate to the next result.
Use Keyboard Shortcuts to open sections on the Personal tab for editing.
On the top of the list, the list owner can click Select columns to add custom columns like birthdate, age, gender, and marital status to the list. Drag and drop the fields in the order you'd like them. Once your columns are all set, you can select the column header from your list results to sort the list by that field.
The custom columns integrate with the Default Report. When you choose this report for printing your list, we’ll print exactly the columns you selected and in the same order they are sorted by in the list results.
You can use a combination of all, any, and none to create multiple rules and find really specific information.
- Just with the Rules, the whole list can be searched according to all or any,
- in the last x days refers to today + the previous x days
- If you want to find everyone that DOES NOT fit a condition, change include to exclude to exclude people with that information.
Use Lists to search within your Workflows!