Lists allow you to filter your people based on their information and activity across all Planning Center applications. You can share lists with others or print them using reports.
Check out this video about how to create lists that work for you.
Anyone can create Lists from the Lists tab.
This view shows the number of people in the list as well as the list name, the last time the list was refreshed, any automations, and the owner of the list.
- Create a new list.
- Search by list name or filter the list by campus, categories, or Starred Lists.
- Star the list to access it more easily in Starred Lists.
- Click the list name to see the people returned by the list.
- Duplicate the list or edit the rules for the list.
Create or Edit a Basic List
Choose New List or click the pencil on a list to make changes to it from the Rules tab.
Lists are very powerful, but most of the time you just need something basic and can ignore some of the advanced options like adding additional rules.
- Click to name your list.
- Assign the list to a campus or category to find it more easily after it's created.
- The list can show exact matches of the conditions listed, or it can show other people such as household children, household adults, and household primary contact.
If the household doesn't exist, choose to show no one or the exact person instead. Check the box to include inactive profiles. By default, this box will remain unchecked unless you manually check it.
- If you have multiple conditions in your rule, you can choose to show people that meet all, any, or none of the conditions. If you need to be more specific, choose from at least, exactly, and at most.
- Conditions allow you to access data from other apps; however, you have to have permissions in that app in order to use it as a condition. Click include to toggle the condition to exclude, which will then exclude the people returned by that condition.
- Duplicate or delete any of the conditions or the whole rule.
Click Delete to fully delete the list, removing it from your account completely, cancel to discard any changes made to these rules, or Submit to access the list of people.
To apply conditions such as birthdays, schools, and addresses, select Personal from the People dropdown.
Select the condition that you want to apply from the dropdown that displays.
Once you click Submit, our PiCO robot will start looking for results and display them on your screen.
- Send an email with MailChimp.
- Use bulk actions to make changes to everyone on the list.
- Export the list to a CSV file.
- Print a report of people on the list.
If printing the Default Report, verify your columns show all the information you want to print.
- Change the information listed on this page by selecting other columns. Drag and drop fields in the order you'd like them, and sort by that field.
- Expand the sidebar to see the results for each of your conditions and then the total of all of it together.
Click the name of a person to be taken to their profile in Playlist mode.
Lists can only be edited or deleted by the List's owner. If the list owner no longer has access to your account, and you need to delete a list that a person created, your Organization Administrator can contact our Support Team with the name and email address of the list owner as well as the list name.
The Playlist allows you to easily and quickly make changes to the profiles from the list by navigating to and from each profile.
When you click the name of a person from the list, you're taken to their profile and can toggle to other profiles using the bar above the profile.
- Click the list name to return to the list results.
- Click previous or use p or ← on your keyboard to navigate to the previous result.
- Click next or use n or → to navigate to the next result.
Click or use Keyboard Shortcuts to open sections on the Personal tab for editing.
Automations give you the power to automatically perform an action on people in a list every time it is refreshed. From the Automations tab, click Create Automation.
Set the automation action.
- Choose the Planning Center application that the action will run in.
- Choose the action to apply to the people on the list. The options available in this screen are the same as in the one-time action screen.
- To apply this action to people on the list, check the box.
For more information on Automations, check out our extended article.
Typically, the list defaults will work well for you. But if you want others to access the list, or you want it to automatically update and sync, make changes on the Settings tab.
- Delete or duplicate this list at any time by clicking the appropriate button.
- List results do not automatically refresh, so use auto-refresh to automatically refresh the results of your list every night. Auto-refresh is particularly helpful for automations and workflows.
- Share the list with everyone of a certain permission level or individual people. Any user will have full access to the list and its data but won't be able to change the rules; only the owner of the list can make changes to the rules.
- Sync this list with a segment in your MailChimp list.
You can use a combination of all, any, and none to create multiple rules and find really specific information.
- The whole list can be searched according to all or any.
- The in the last x days condition refers to today + the previous x days
- If you want to find everyone that does not fit a condition, change include to exclude to exclude people with that information.
Use Lists to search within your Workflows!