Lists allow you to filter your people based on their information and activity across all Planning Center applications. You can share lists with others or print them using reports.
If the list owner no longer has access to your account, and you need to manage or delete a list that a person created, your Organization Administrator can contact our Support Team to gain access to a list.
To create a new list, click New List from the Lists page.
This view shows the number of people in the list as well as the list name, the last time the list was refreshed, any automations, and the owner of the list.
- Search by list name or filter the list by campus, categories, or Starred Lists.
- Choose a tab to see different groups of lists.
- Star the list to access it more easily in Starred Lists.
- Duplicate the list or edit the rules for the list.
Create or Edit a List
Who you click New List or click the pencil on a list, you can name it from Edit at the top of the page, and you can set the rules and conditions.
If you have the correct permissions in other products, you can access data from them.
- If you have multiple rules or conditions in your rule, you can choose to show people that meet all, any, or none of the conditions. If you need to be more specific, choose from at least, exactly, and at most.
- Click include to toggle the condition to exclude, which will then exclude the people returned by that condition.
- Duplicate or delete the rule, or hover over the condition to duplicate or delete it.
- If a Manager or the list has created a rule or condition, another Manager can view or delete it but not edit it.
- The list can show exact matches of the conditions listed, or it can show other people such as household children, household adults, and household primary contact.
If you use in the last x days condition, it refers to today plus the previous x days.
Click Submit to access the list of people.
The Personal Tab holds all the information listed on the Personal tab on a profile, such as birthdays, schools, households, and the information listed in the header of the profile, such as background checks, membership, and campus.
To access that information as a list condition, choose Personal from the People dropdown.
Lists of Lists
If have a list with lots of rules and conditions, and you want to reference that list from another list, use one of your conditions to find the people in the already-created list.
Do not set the list to auto-refresh.
When lists are dependent on each other, they need to be refreshed in the order they were created. You can't refresh the list of lists until the others have been refreshed.
The Results tab shows all the people who met your conditions and rules.
- Send an email with MailChimp.
- Use bulk actions to make changes to everyone on the list.
- Export the list to a CSV file.
- Print a report of people on the list.
If printing the Default Report, verify your columns show all the information you want to print.
- Edit the information viewed in your results by selecting any of the available columns.
- See the results for each of your conditions and then the total of all of it together in the sidebar.
Click the name of a person to be taken to their profile in Playlist mode.
See Results Based on Column Headers
You can sort the results based on the columns by clicking the columns button.
- Remove a column by clicking the x.
- Add a new column by checking the box.
- Rearrange the order they are displayed using drag and drop.
To sort the list results by a specific column, click on the column's header.
The Playlist allows you to easily and quickly make changes to the profiles from the list by navigating to and from each profile.
When you click the name of a person from the list, you're taken to their profile and can toggle to other profiles using the bar above the profile.
- Click the list name to return to the list results.
- Click previous or use p or ← on your keyboard to navigate to the previous result.
- Click next or use n or → to navigate to the next result.
Click or use Keyboard Shortcuts to open sections on the Personal tab for editing.
Check out our Common Lists and create your own like them!