A workflow is a series of steps to help church staff communicate with people in your church through processes such as becoming a member, receiving information as a first-time guest, or serving in a ministry.
Watch this video to see how to get started with workflows or follow the steps below.
Create a workflow, add steps to it, and then add cards to the workflow.
From the Workflows tab, select New Workflow.
Name the workflow and assign it to a campus and/or category.
Select Create Workflow to begin adding steps to the workflow.
Steps are what people do, and you can create multiple steps for each workflow to track where people are in the process.
To add your first step, select Add a step.
Enter the appropriate information for this step, including who is assigned to the step as well as what they need to do.
- Name your step an action, so people know what to do at a glance.
- Add a description if specific information is needed during this step.
- By default, the person creating the step will be assigned to the step; assign someone else by selecting CHANGE then type the name of the new assignee.
- If steps need time between them, choose to snooze them for an amount of time before notifying the assignee of the step.
- Set a timeframe that you want the step to be completed within. A reminder email will be sent to the assignee if any cards wait too long to be completed.
Once you've entered all the necessary information, select Create Step to be taken to an overview of the whole workflow.
- Edit this step to add more information or change the assignee.
- Add a person to the workflow to allow them to start going through the steps.
- Add more steps by clicking Add a step then follow the process you used for the first step.
- Change the order of steps by clicking Reorder steps, which will allow you to drag and drop steps in a different place.
- Choose to share this workflow with other people based on their permissions.
If you need to change the order of steps after you've added several, select Reorder steps.
Click and hold the three lines to the right of the step then drag the step to its new spot.
When it's in the order you want, select Save.
Select Edit Workflow to change the name, assign a campus or category, or delete the workflow.
Make any necessary changes then select Save.
Delete the workflow by selecting Delete Workflow.
Recover a Deleted Workflow
If you deleted a workflow by mistake, you can recover it within a week of deleting it.
From the Workflows tab, select Recently Deleted Workflows to see a list.
Select Recover next to the workflow you need.
When you choose Recover, all of the workflows steps and cards along with their history and assignments will be recovered.
A card keeps track of a person's progress through the workflow. Cards include a person's basic information, where they are in the workflow, a place to enter notes, as well as a history of the card.
Add a card to a workflow by selecting Add someone to workflow and searching the person's name.
When you search a person's name, you can choose them from the list if they're already in People or create a new person to add to People.
Confirm the person you're adding to the workflow and assign the card to the appropriate person the select Add Person to add the card to the workflow.
Pin the card to a person for that one person to follow up with that card through each step, regardless of the default assignee.
When a person is assigned to a card, they'll receive an email ten minutes after their last assigned card with all the cards assigned to them.
Use the link in the email to view the cards assigned to you.
To begin completing the step, select View Card.
The card shows information and gives options of how to move forward.
Click their name to be taken directly to their profile.
- Add notes to summarize what happened during the step, send an email directly to the person, or choose an action for this person. Any action taken will be added to the card history.
- Reassign the card to a different Administrator, who will receive an email with all assigned cards, snooze the card to be notified at a later time, remove the card from this workflow entirely, or skip this specific step.
- View the history of the card, including if the card was reassigned, snoozed, skipped a step, or any notes added during any of the steps.
At the bottom of the card, you can Delete the card to remove all history of the card from the workflow and the person's profile; close the card if no changes need to be made to the card.
Once this person has finished this step, select Complete Step to send the card to the next step.
View Your Assigned Cards
View any cards assigned to you from the Workflows tab.
The green box will notify you of the number of cards assigned to you in those workflows; gray boxes show cards assigned to others.
Select the Workflow to view the card(s) assigned to you.
By default, the view will show the cards assigned to you, even if you're not the default assignee. Select your name to view a dropdown of other people with cards assigned to them or toggle the Ready and Snoozed options to view those cards assigned to the person in the box.
If you have lots of cards assigned to you, you can easily update a bunch of them at once.