A workflow is a series of steps to help church staff or leaders communicate with people in your church through processes, such as becoming a member, receiving information as a first time guest, or serving in a ministry.
Check out this video to see how workflows work!
From the Workflows tab, select New Workflow to create a workflow.
Name the workflow, assign it to a campus and/or category, and click Create Workflow.
Steps are what people do, and you can create multiple steps for each workflow to track where people are in the process.
Click Add a step to add steps to the workflow.
Enter the appropriate information for this step, including who is assigned to the step as well as what they need to do.
- Name your step an action, so people know what to do at a glance.
- Add a description of how to interact with the person.
- By default, the person creating the step will be assigned to the step; assign someone else by clicking CHANGE, and then type the name of the new assignee.
- If steps need time between them, choose to snooze them for an amount of time before notifying the assignee of the step.
- Set a timeframe that you want the step to be completed within. A reminder email will be sent to the assignee if any cards wait too long to be completed.
- Click Delete Step to remove this step from the workflow. Any card that has gone through the step will still have record of the step, but no new cards will go through it.
Once you've entered all the necessary information, click Save to add the step to the workflow.
After you've added several steps, if you need to change the order, click Reorder steps.
Click and hold the three lines to the right of the step then drag the step to its new spot. When it's in the order you want, click Save.
A card keeps track of a person's progress through the workflow. Cards include a person's basic information and information about their path through the workflow.
Add a card to a workflow by selecting Add someone to workflow and searching the person's name. You can choose them from the list, or create a new person to add to People.
Once you've chosen the person to add, click Add Person to add the card to the workflow.
Assign and pin the card to a person for that person to follow up with that card through each step, regardless of the default assignee.
When a person is assigned to a card, they'll receive an email with all the cards assigned to them ten minutes after their last assigned card.
Click the card to follow up with the person and make notes in the card.
The card shows information and gives options of how to move forward.
- Add notes to summarize what happened during the step, send an email directly to the person, or choose an action for this person. Activity will be added to the card history.
- Reassign the card to a different Administrator, who will receive an email with all assigned cards, snooze the card to be notified at a later time, remove the card from this workflow entirely, or skip this specific step.
- View the history of the card, including if the card was reassigned, snoozed, skipped a step, or any notes added during any of the steps.
Click their name to be taken directly to their profile.
At the bottom of the card, you can Delete the card to remove all history of the card from the workflow and the person's profile; close the card if no changes need to be made to the card.
Once this person has finished this step, click Complete Step to send the card to the next step.
View Your Assigned Cards
View any cards assigned to you from the Workflows tab.
The green box shows the number of cards assigned to you in those workflows; gray boxes show cards assigned to others. Click the Workflow to view the card(s) assigned to you.
By default, the view will show the cards assigned to you, even if you're not the default assignee. Select your name to view a dropdown of other people with cards assigned to them, toggle the Ready and Snoozed options to view those cards assigned to the person in the box, or sort the list to see the Newest or Oldest cards added.
If you have lots of cards assigned to you, you can easily update a bunch of them at once.
Edit, Delete, and Recover a Workflow
Select Edit Workflow to change the name, assign a campus or category, or delete the workflow.
Make any necessary changes, and then select Save.
If you choose to Delete Workflow, all information from cards will be deleted. Any emails or notes added to profiles will remain.
Recover a Deleted Workflow
If you deleted a workflow by mistake, you can recover it within a week of deleting it.
From the Workflows tab, select Recently Deleted Workflows to see the deleted workflows, and then click Recover next to the workflow you need.
When you choose Recover, all of the workflow steps and cards, along with their history and assignments, will be recovered.
Once you have some workflows set up, you can create lists of people to add to your workflows.