Automations give you the power to automatically perform an action on any new members to a list every time it is refreshed. This works particularly well in conjunction with auto-refreshing lists.
From the list, select Action then Create Automation.
Make the selections you'd like to take place.
- Choose the Planning Center application that the action will run in.
- Choose the action and set its settings. The options available in this screen are the same as in the one-time action screen.
- In order for this automation to be preformed on people already listed in the list, you'll need to select this last option.
If you would like your automation to stop running, you can either pause it, or remove it altogether.
When running an action or automation on a list, it is possible that the action or automation will fail for individual people, or for the entire list. If you get an error message after applying an action, or if you notice an automation wasn't completed successfully, check for possible reasons in the appropriate section below, based on which Planning Center application was chosen for the bulk action.
Based on the package level your church has chosen for Planning Center Services, you have a specific limit on how many people can log in. When you apply a Bulk Action or Automation from a List in Planning Center People, the action will be applied to any people who are have already been imported to Services. For any People who have not already been imported, the action will attempt to import the person first, and then also apply the action. However, a couple of things can cause the import to fail.
- Your People limit would be exceeded. If importing a person to Services would cause you to exceed the amount of people in your package, the import will fail. To fix this, an Organization Administrator can upgrade your package, or you can Archive users within Planning Center Services.
- Required Tags are not set. An Administrator can require specific tags to be set. While manually importing a person to Planning Center Services, those tags must be set. Since a bulk action can only do one thing at a time, if there are required tags, trying to import new People will fail. To fix this, an Administrator can temporarily edit the tag group so that it is not required. They can then use the Tag Group filters within Planning Center Services to find everyone who does not have a tag from that group to fix it.
- The attendee type or the event you are attempting to register for is at full capacity.