Automations give you the power to automatically perform an action on people who have been newly added to a list every time it is refreshed or on people who fill out a form.
From the list, go to the Automations tab, and then click Create Automation.
From the Automations tab on a form, click Create Automation or choose from the Suggested Automations.
Set the automation action.
- Choose the Planning Center application that the action will run in.
- Choose the action to apply to the people on the list. The options available in this screen are the same as in the one-time action screen.
- To apply this action to people on the list, check the box.
Pause or Stop Automation
If you would like your automation to stop running, you can either pause it or remove it altogether by clicking Pause Automations.
When running an action or automation on a list, it is possible that the action or automation will fail for individual people or for the entire list. If you get an error message after applying an action, or if you notice an automation wasn't completed successfully, check for possible reasons in the appropriate section below, based on which Planning Center application was chosen for the bulk action.
In Planning Center Services, you have a specific limit on team members. When you apply a Bulk Action or Automation from a List in Planning Center People, the action will be applied to any people who have already been imported to Services. For anyone who has not already been imported, the action will attempt to import the person first, and then also apply the action.
However, a couple of things can cause the import to fail.
- Your People limit would be exceeded.
If importing a person to Services would cause you to exceed the amount of people in your package, the import will fail. To fix this, an Organization Administrator can upgrade your package, or you can Archive users within Planning Center Services.
- Required Tags are not set.
An Administrator can require specific tags to be set. While manually importing a person to Planning Center Services, those tags must be set. Since a bulk action can only do one thing at a time, if there are required tags, trying to import new People will fail.
To fix this, an Administrator can temporarily edit the tag group so that it is not required. They can then use the Tag Group filters within Planning Center Services to find everyone who does not have a tag from that group to fix it.
- You may be trying to set your own profile, or the profile of an Organization or Billing Administrator, to inactive.
- You may be trying to order a background check for a profile that doesn't have an email address associated with it.
The attendee type or the event you are attempting to register for is at full capacity.