Automations give you the power to automatically perform an action on people who have been newly added to a list every time it is refreshed or on people who fill out a form.
Create the Automation
From the list or form, go to the Automations tab, and then click Create Automation.
Set the automation action.
- Choose the Planning Center application that the action will run in.
- Choose the action to apply to the people on the list.
- To apply this action to the current people, check the box.
If the automation is to send an email, the email will be sent from the person who set up the automation.
Pause or Stop Automation
If you would like your automation to stop running, click Pause Automations. If you want to remove it, click the trashcan icon while it's paused.
If you change any of the list rules, the automation will be paused. You must manually resume it and refresh the list for the automation to start again.
If you get an error message after applying an action, or if you notice an automation wasn't completed successfully, check for possible reasons in the appropriate section below, based on which Planning Center application was chosen for the bulk action.
When you apply a bulk action or automation, the action will attempt to import anyone who has not already been imported in Services. Once the person is imported, it will then apply the action.
However, a couple of things can cause the import to fail.
- If importing a person to Services causes you to exceed the amount of people in your package, the import will fail.
To fix this, an Organization Administrator can upgrade your package, or you can archive team members.
- An Administrator can require specific tags on a person's profile. Since a bulk action can only do one thing at a time, trying to import new people will fail if there are required tags.
To fix this, an Administrator can temporarily edit the tag group so that it is not required. They can then use the tag group filters within Services to find everyone who does not have a tag from that group to fix it.
You may be trying to set your own profile, or the profile of an Organization or Billing Administrator, to inactive.
The attendee type or the event you are attempting to register for is at full capacity.