We don't recommend deleting people because when a profile is deleted, all history associated with that person in every Planning Center app is also deleted, including payment information and attendance data.
If the profile represents a person who has moved away, left your church, was fired, or doesn't attend your church for any other reason, you should set that profile to inactive.
If a profile represents a real person, deleting the profile is not the right tool to use. The only time you should delete a profile is when the profile is either test data or was created by accident.
If the profile is a duplicate profile, you can merge the two profiles, which saves any information input into either profile.
Make a Profile Inactive
If a person is no longer attending your church, set them to Inactive on their profile.
From the person's profile, select the gear to open up the profile settings, and then select Set Inactive.
Use the dropdown to select the reason, and then choose the date of the inactivation.
The options for Reason can be customized to your church language or to add more reason options.
What happens if a person is set to inactive?
People is the hub for all profile information, and all people exist in other applications. So, when you make a profile inactive, it affects other applications:
- Their past information such as donations, scheduled positions, and event attendance and registration will stay in the corresponding applications.
- All their permissions are removed in every application.
- They will no longer be able to log in, even if they reset their password.
- They will be removed from any plans or events they're scheduled to.
- If they give, register for an event, check in to a location, or join a group, their profile will be set to active.
Once you select Save, the profile will have a bar added to the top showing Inactive as well as the reason and date.
To reactivate the profile for any reason, select Reactivate.
If you reactivate someone's profile, they will not automatically obtain their previous permissions in other applications. They will need to be re-added as event managers, viewers, counters, etc.
Delete a Profile
If you are very confident that you want to delete the profile because they are not a real person, and their data is not real, an Organization Administrator can do so from the profile.
Select the gear to open up the profile settings, and then select Delete Profile.
Some important things to remember when deleting a profile:
- This profile and all the data and history associated with it, such as previous donations, recurring gifts and event attendance, will be deleted from every Planning Center app.
- Because deleting profiles is so destructive, it can only be done by an Organization Administrator.
- This can not be undone. There is no going back. If that gives you the slightest bit of concern, you should either set the profile to inactive or merge it with another.