Sending emails in People allows you to keep track of who you've emailed much easier. Plus, our formatting options and email templates make sending emails super easy!
On a person's profile page, click the email address.
Craft your email using the editing tools before sending it.
- Add more people to this email by selecting Add then typing their name. If you don't see the correct person from the list, you may need to add them to your database.
- Select which of your emails you want to send this from if you have multiple on your profile. If you want to send it from the church email, you can even choose that one from the dropdown.
- If you've created a template, apply it to the email. The template will override any text already entered.
- We do not support Markdown in People; use the formatting tools to change the view of the words or add links and placeholder text. The placeholder text will automatically fill what you've chosen based on who you're emailing, including your name as a signature.
The grayed out buttons are for hyperlinks. To use them, highlight text, and then click the hyperlink button.
Select Send Email when you've added all the necessary information.
A person can specify the primary email address on a profile, but not all Planning Center products respect that primary email address at this time.
Here's how to know which email address will receive the email you send:
These products only send an email to the primary email address on a profile:
These products send an email to every email address listed on a profile
This product allows a person to choose which email address, regardless of the primary email address:
If someone mentions they didn't receive an email, try these things:
- Check the People app to make sure their email address isn't blocked.
- Ask the person to add firstname.lastname@example.org to their email address book or whitelist the email address.
If neither of these help, contact support by clicking the ? in the top right corner of the app.
You can see the reason for an undelivered email by going to the email in the Communication tab, and hovering over the error.