Create custom forms to gather volunteer signups and prayer requests or to allow people in your church to update their profiles. Forms allow people to enter information about themselves without having to register for an event. They save time with data entry while still getting necessary information and allow you to follow up with people faster.
Check out the video to see how to create a form or follow the steps below.
From the Forms page, select New Form.
Only Managers can access Forms.
To create your form, add a title and start dragging fields from the right to the form.
- Enter the title and description people will see when they access the form.
- Any information a person adds to Profile Fields will update their profile. They will receive an email asking them to verify the new information. Once they've verified it, their profile will be updated.
- Basic Fields allow you to customize the form to ask questions that won't be added to a person's profile. You'll have access to the answers from the Submissions tab.
- If you want a person to be added to a workflow based on a certain response, add a Workflow Field and choose from your workflows.
The workflow will only be an option if it has at least one step.
- Move a field by dragging it to the appropriate place; edit or delete it by selecting it and making appropriate changes.
All forms have the email address and name at the bottom and are saved automatically.
From the Settings tab, make your form Inactive or copy the embed code to add to your website.
If you just want to link the form somewhere, view the public form and copy the URL.
If you select View Public Form on the Forms page, you'll be taken to the form itself. A person can also use a link to view the form.
On the form, fill the information, and once you enter your email address, the Continue button will turn blue.
The form cannot be completed without the email address, but other fields can be left blank.
If the person's information exists in the database, they can choose to Submit after filling out the form.
If the email address doesn't match anything in the database, the person will be prompted to enter their name and choose to Submit form.
Once the form is submitted, if any personal information has changed, the person will need to verify those changes in an automated email they'll receive.