Households let you keep track of families or people living in the same house. People can be in multiple households, but each Household has one Primary Contact. When updating the home phone or home address of anyone in a household, you have the option to save it for everyone in the household.
Manage a Household
From a person's profile page, you can view members of their household in the Household section on the right.
Click the pencil to make any changes to the household.
People marked as Adult on their profile will be listed in the top section of the household, regardless of whether or not they are the parent.
The household shows all the members as well as their contact information. You can remove members of the household or change the Primary Contact.
- The default name of the household is the Primary Contact's last name, but you can change the name of the Household.
- The Primary Contact for the household is labeled. To change the contact, click the gear.
- When you click the gear, you can remove a person from the household or make that person the Primary Contact.
If you remove the person from the household, they still exist in your database. If you need to remove a person from your database, make them inactive.
- Add a new person to the household by searching for existing people in your database. If the person doesn't exist in your database, you can add them.
- Delete the household. No one will be deleted when you remove the household, but the household will no longer exist.
Click Save to keep any changes you made, or click cancel to exit the screen without saving changes.
If you click Other Households in the top right, you can see other households the person belongs to or add them to another household.
Add to Other Households
If someone is in multiple households, you can show that on their profile by adding another household.
You should never place people outside of actual families into households. If you think you want to combine people who aren't in an actual family into a household, check out our Household Tips about using a roster station or a group.
- Click an existing household to edit it.
- Add a new household by searching the database or creating a new one.
Update Household Phone and Address
If you edit the Primary Contact's Home Phone Number or Home Address, you can choose to update it for everyone else in the household as well. If you don't want to update that information for other members of the household, uncheck the box.
The type must be Home for it to prompt you to update for all household members.
If you need to import households, use the Household ID in the Accepted